Total Time: 3 hours | Servings: 8
It’s definitely a HOT summer! Here’s a little remedy. Try this granita and enjoy the hot weather.
This icy treat makes the most of rich ripe watermelon. Melons can vary in flavor quite a bit, so taste the mixture before freezing and add more honey or lime if desired.
- 8 cups seedless watermelon chunks, divided
- 2 tablespoons of Organic Acacia Honey Rigoni di Asiago
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or basil (optional)
- Place half of watermelon in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into a 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
- Add remaining watermelon to the processor along with Rigoni di Asiago organic Acacia honey and lime juice and process until smooth.
- Pour into the baking dish, stir until combined, and place uncovered in the freezer.
- Freeze until ice begins to form around edges of pan, about 30 minutes.
- Rake with a fork to break up large ice clumps; return to freezer; continue stirring about every 30 minutes until all liquid is crystalized, about 3 hours total.
- Using a large fork, flake granita into bowls or into an airtight container to freeze up to 1 week. Serve garnished with mint or basil, if desired.