Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Makes: 40 wings | Servings: 6
Smoked Spicy Fiordifrutta Apricot Wings
A perfect balance of spicy and sweet and with the added depth of our Fiordifrutta Apricot Organic Fruit Spread. The added wood chips give a smokiness that you can’t get from baking or frying. Dip them in traditional blue cheese dressing or eat them on their own for the perfect Superbowl dish. Also great for parties or as an appetizer with a kick!
- 2 and 1/2 pounds chicken wings, trimmed and separated
- 1/2 cup hickory, apple or apricot wood chips
- 1/2 cup Fiordifrutta Apricot Organic Fruit Spread
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Light a gas grill.
- Wrap the wood chips in heavy-duty foil and pierce the foil packet with a skewer.
- Add the packet to the grill. Cover and let the wood chips begin to smoke, 5 minutes.
- While the chips are smoking, in a large bowl, combine the Fiordifrutta Apricot Organic Fruit Spread with the Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, salt, black pepper, sweet paprika, garlic powder, cayenne and ginger.
- Scrape half of the mixture into a small bowl.
- Add the chicken wings to the large bowl and toss to coat well in the sauce. Let the chicken wings marinate for 10 minutes.
- Grill the chicken wings on medium-high, covered, over moderately high heat, turning them occasionally, until they are charred in spots and cooked through, 22 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a platter and serve the reserved sauce on the side.