Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1/2 hour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa, 2 tbsp water
- 4oz dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup Nocciolata Rigoni di Asiago
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400F.
- Grease and line a 23x30cm rectangular tin.
- Beat the eggs with the confectioner’s sugar until they become glossy and
- Melt the butter and add it to the eggs, along with the flour and baking powder.
- Mix well. Divide the mix into two parts.
- Pour the first into the tray and put in the oven.
- As soon as it starts to become golden, remove it from the oven and carefully roll it up, using a clean kitchen cloth to help.
- Unroll the cake and leave to rest.
- Take the second half of the mix, add the cocoa, and pour into clean tray.
- Bake as for the first.
- When ready, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Position the cocoa cake on top of the first and spread the surface evenly with Nocciolata.
- Roll both cakes together in upon themselves. The heat of the second cake will help the layers to adhere.
- Dust with cocoa and wrap with plastic wrap to keep secure while the cake cools.
- When cold, slice into rounds of about 1cm.
- Take each slice and dip in melted chocolate and leave to cool on a wire rack.