Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1 hours
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp Rigoni di Asiago Blueberry Jam
- 18 blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- a pinch of salt.
For the frosting:
- 2/3 cup of fresh cream
- 1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese (or another soft cheese such as Philadelphia)
- 1/4 cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 18 fresh blueberries
- Rigoni di Asiago Blueberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/347F.
- In a bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder.
- Add the sugar, a pinch of salt and the jam.
- In another bowl blend together the mix, the oil and the egg, then add these to the dry ingredients and mix everything with an electric beater.
- Spoon the mix into cupcake molds and add a blueberry to the center of each.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool before decorating.
- Meanwhile make the frosting. Beat together the cream, mascarpone cheese and the confectioner’s sugar using a whisk until they are a dense cream.
- Transfer the mix to a pastry bag fitted with a star-shaped tip.
- Coat each muffin with a light layer of Rigoni di Asiago Blueberry Jam before decorating with the frosting.
- Finish each cup cake with a fresh blueberry.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.