Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1.5 hours | Servings: 4
- 6 fresh organic beets (it’s best to try to get different colored beets for a more visually appealing dish)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh organic goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 cup of Mielbio Italian Honey (any variety)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Trim roots and stems off by about 1/4".
- Remove any dirt on beets with a paper towel.
- Get a square of aluminum foil and place beet on top. Drizzle with some olive oil and cover with foil.
- Place beets in the oven, directly onto the center rack
- Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a knife easily pierces through.
- Remove beets and take out of foil. Under cold water, remove the skins from each of the hot beets.
- Cut each beet in half, then cut into 1/4" pieces at a diagonal and add to a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper, goat’s cheese crumbles and 1/8 cup of honey.
- Mix lightly and serve warm.