Prep Time: 60 minutes | Total Time: 2 hours | Servings: 6
Looking for a low-carb paleo chicken recipe with an Asian twist? This pear ginger glaze is delicious and gives a hint of natural sweetness without any added sugars.
- 1/4 cup FiordiFrutta pear preserves
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 2 & 1/2 lbs chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the preserves, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos or soy sauce, and grated ginger until well combined.
- Pour into a large ziploc bag.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels, add to bag and seal.
- Turn bag over a few times to make sure each piece of chicken is coated with marinade.
- Let marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lay chicken in a single layer on broiling pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush some of the marinade from the bag over chicken.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until skin is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
Serving size: 1/2 pound
Carbs: 5.02g (some of the marinade comes off in the process so the real carb count might be a bit lower). Food energy: 349 kcal. Saturated fatty acids: 4.61g. Monounsaturated fatty acids: 6.43g. Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 3.78g. Total fat: 14.82g. Calories from fat: 133. Cholesterol: 137mg. Carbohydrate, by difference: 5.02g. .Protein: 40.87g.