Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup Rigoni di Asiago Cherry Jam
- fresh cherries
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356F.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Working quickly, rub the cold butter into the dry mix until a rough pastry forms.
- Shape the pastry into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- When ready, divide the pastry into two parts. On a floured surface roll out the first part to about 1/2cm thickness.
- Transfer to a lined oven tray and cover the surface with Rigoni di Asiago Cherry Jam and fresh, pitted cherries.
- Take the remaining pastry and break into small pieces to cover the surface of the pie.
- Bake at 180°C /356F for 30 mins and leave to cool.
- Serve with a dusting of confectioner’s sugar if desired, fitted with a star-shaped tip.
- Coat each muffin with a light layer of Rigoni di Asiago Blueberry Jam before decorating with the frosting.
- Finish each cup cake with a fresh blueberry.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.