Prep Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutess | Servings: 12
- 1 sheet of pie dough properly refrigerated
- non-stick cooking oil
- 1 table spoon flour
- 1/3 cup of almond paste
- 6 table spoons of Nocciolata
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 and 1/2 tea spoons of sugar to garnish
- sliced almonds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Then, prepare a baking sheet and spray it with non-stick cooking oil.
- Place the dough on a floured surface.
- Fold in two opposite sides so that they meet in the middle.
- Roll the sheet to a piece of about 12-inches x 8-inches in size.Then cut the dough into six squares.
- Prepare the almond paste by shaping it into 6 circles and place 1 of these circles in the lower corner of each square.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Nocciolata to each circle.
- Brush the squares with some of the egg.
- Fold the dough over the filling to make a triangle.
- Seal the edges using a fork.
- Brush tops of the turnovers with the remaining egg and sprinkle with almonds and a pinch of sugar on each.
- Place turnovers on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.