Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 2 hours | Makes: 1 pie
By Melissa and Emily Elsen.
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp white cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of Rigoni di Asiaogo Honey (Acacia or Forest or Chestnut or Orange or Wildflowers)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 or 2 Tbsp flake sea salt for finishing (Maldon is a good choice)
All of the mixing can be done by hand, or with an electric mixer.
- Melt butter and combine with the sugar, salt and cornmeal to make a thick paste.
- Add Rigoni di Asiago Honey, vanilla and vinegar and mix together.
- Fold in the eggs, add the cream and blend.
- Pour the filling into a pre-baked pie shell and bake at 350 F for 45 to 60 minutes. The filling will puff up like a marshmallow and the center will be just slightly wobbly.
- Once cooled (at least one hour), finish with a sprinkling of flake sea salt.
- Slice and serve with freshly whipped cream.