Prep Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes (plus overnight thawing)
These soft cookies house a filling, for a taste combination that appeals to the kids in all of us.
- 2 and 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- All purpose flour for shaping
- Nocciolata Organic Hazelnut Spread
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350 degree.
- Line four cookies with parchment of nonstick baking liner.
- Using a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar and baking soda on medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on low speed until just blended (about 25 seconds).
- Shape level of tablespoonful of the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Thaw overnight in a refrigerator before proceeding with recipe.
- Arrange the ball 1-1/2 in apart on the prepared backing sheets.
- Using a lightly floured glass or measuring cup, press down lightly on the balls.
- Bake one sheet at time until the cookies are puffed and crackled but still moist looking (about 11 minutes).
- Transfer the cookies sheets to a rack to cool about 10 minutes.
- Assemble the sandwich: turn half of the cookies over so they are flat side up.
- Spoon 2 tbs of Nocciolata onto the center of each cookie.
- Top with the remaining cookies, flat side down. Press gently on each cookie to spread the filling almost to the edge and enjoy.