Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1.25 hours
A terrific sweet treat that’s relatively un-decadent, despite the rich, creamy smooth texture and sweet (but not overly sweet) intense, dark chocolate taste. (Recipe courtesy of Kimmy Murphy from Rock my Vegan Socks.)
- 1/4 cup of pecans
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of dates, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes, pitted
- a pinch each of sea salt & cinnamon
- Nocciolata Dairy Free
- Place the nuts in a food processor and process until finely crumbled.
- Add the dates, a splash of the date-soaking water and the pinch of sea salt & cinnamon. Pulse until well combined.
- Brush a bit of coconut oil on the outside of mini tart cups and gently fold the crust around the outside of the tart mold.
- Put them in the freezer for an hour or so.
- Gently peel the crust away from the mold, and add a generous teaspoon of Nocciolata Dairy Free spread.
- You can enjoy as is, or add some fruit and/or shredded coconut, or any topping you’d like to try.