Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes | Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large organic eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup organic whole milk
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp Rigoni di Asiago Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread — Strawberry, room temperature
- 12 small strawberries, hulled
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together sugar and butter until smooth. Mix in eggs on at a time until incorporated.
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Mix in flour mixture.
- Pour 1 heaping tbsp of batter into all 12 muffin cups.
- Pour 1/2 tsp jam into each cup and place strawberry, wide side down on top of jam.
- Spoon another heaping tbsp of batter directly on top of strawberry. No need to spread evenly, it will do so naturally once in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly tanned in color. Cool completely before frosting.
Strawberry Mascarpone Frosting
- 9 oz (about 250 g) mascarpone (2 tbsp set aside), room temperature
- 2 oz (55 g) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Rigoni di Asiago Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread – Strawberry, room temperature
- 6 medium sized fresh strawberries, hulled
- Slice strawberries top to bottom into 4-5 pieces, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tbsp of mascarpone and strawberry jam. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip together remaining mascarpone, butter, and sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes with electric mixer).
- Whip in jam mixture. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes, until ready to frost cupcakes.
- Decorate cooled cupcakes with frosting and top with a few slices of fresh strawberries.