Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 60 minutes | Makes: 40 wings | Servings: 6-8
Garlic & Honey Chicken Wings with Orange Creamy Blossom Honey
These quick and easy wings are great because they are baked and not fried. The delicious Orange Blossom variety of our honey gives these wings an extra citrus tang that is unique and delicious. Perfect for Superbowl parties, special occasions or packed up for a picnic, these are a definite crowd pleaser!
- 2 and 1/2 pounds chicken wings, trimmed and separated
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (preferably low sodium)
- 3-5 Tbsp mild honey, to taste (Rigoni di Asiago Mielbio Italian Honey, Orange Creamy Blossom variety)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh or 1 tsp dried ginger. If fresh, grate ginger to a paste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare an aluminum lined baking pan, coated with a non-stick spray.
- Put flour, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag and add the wings to it to dredge.
- Lay wings evenly in a rectangular baking pan without wings touching and cook in the oven until they are browned and crisp, about 35-40 minutes.
- Turn the wings over half way through to cook evenly.
- Mix soy sauce, honey, water, garlic and ginger together in a small bowl and pour over hot wings.
- Cook until sauce thickens and wings are well heated, an additional 15 minutes.