Total Time: 1/2 hours | Servings: 4
- 1 bunch fresh organic green kale
- 1 bunch fresh organic red kale
- 2 pieces of thick cut, bacon (preferably smoked but any will do)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Prepare kale by cutting the leaves off of the stalk and chopping into medium pieces at a diagonal.
- In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, cook 2 pieces of bacon until crispy. Remove to dry on a paper towel but leave remaining bacon grease in the pan.
- Add chopped onion and cook until translucent (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chopped kale to the pan with the onion and saute and stir until thoroughly mixed with the bacon grease and onion.
- Cover and let steam for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and set to high if you like the kale to be a little crispy, frying for an additional 5 minutes.
- Crumble bacon pieces over kale and mix in right before serving to preserve crispiness.