Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1/2 hour | Servings: 4
- 1/2 cup Fiordifrutta Wild Blueberry Organic Fruit Spread
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 wild salmon steaks
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- To prepare the sauce, combine blueberry spread, vinegar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Simmer over low heat for 4-5 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens. Since the spread is already thickened, you don’t need to heat this for too long.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan over medium high heat.
- Add oil and butter and let heat.
- Place salmon in hot oil, skin-side down. Cover the pan until the salmon flesh turns pink and is just cooked.
- Remove the salmon and place skin side up onto a cutting board or butcher block. With a knife, carefully remove the skin from each salmon steak.
- Place the skin back into the frying pan and on medium high heat, fry both sides of the skin until golden brown. Let dry on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Place salmon on a plate and drizzle with blueberry balsamic sauce. Sprinkle crushed salmon skin on top for added texture.